Sunday, April 11, 2010

An Un-Defining Moment

My un-defining moment was being plastered and bowling a 276. Seven drunken strikes in a row in my bar's bowling league. At that time, I really did do my best when I was drunk because drunk had become the new normal. My brain was used to drunk. My brain needed drunk to be in familiar territory. The liquid I had become used to navigating through was alcohol.

Liquid me in a liquid dream swimming through alcohol. Alcohol bathed each and every cell in my body, separately and lusciously. Each cell caressed like a little warm oil rubdown at an expensive spa. Alcohol, the ultimate masseuse.

It is sometimes far too easy to romance insanity.

from "All Drinking Aside", Chapter 54 (rough draft)

e-info at moonshine2sunshine@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment